|1||cup walnuts , broken into 1/4-1/2-inch pieces|
|3||cups rolled oats|
|1/2||cup unsweetened shredded coconut|
|1/2||cup blanched almonds , halved|
|1/4||cup sesame seeds (I had none, so I upped the sunflower and nut content a bit to make up)|
|1/4||cup sunflower seeds|
|1/4||cup maple syrup|
|1/3||cup canola oil|
2. Heat maple syrup and honey together with oil in small saucepan, whisking occasionally until warm. Pour mixture over dry ingredients; stir with spatula until mixture is thoroughly coated. Turn mixture onto an 11-by-7-inch jelly roll pan, spreading mixture in an even layer.
3. Bake, stirring and respreading mixture into an even layer every 5 minutes, until granola is light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Immediately turn granola onto another jelly roll pan to stop cooking process. Stir in raisins, then spread granola evely in pan; set on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Loosen dried granola with a spatula; store in airtight container.
Asparagus-Mushroom Bread Pudding
1 leek, white part finely chopped (1 cup)
3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
2 lb. fresh asparagus (36 to 40 medium spears),
cut into 1-inch pieces
12 oz. white mushrooms, sliced (2 cups)
4 cups skim milk
4 large eggs
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
1 1-lb. loaf crusty bread, cut into cubes
16 oz. soft goat cheese log, sliced
1. Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add leek and garlic, and sauté 8 minutes, or until soft. Add asparagus and mushrooms, and cook 4 minutes more, or until asparagus is tender. Set aside.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs, mustard, and basil in bowl. Set aside.
3. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of bread cubes in single layer in baking dish. Spoon asparagus mixture over top, and cover with remaining bread cubes.
Arrange goat cheese rounds over top. Pour egg mixture over all, pressing down with spoon to submerge bread. Cover, and chill 2 hours, or overnight.